Being an entrepreneur can be tough, being a female entrepreneur can be tougher. Whether you’re just starting out or a year into your journey you’ll have times when you want to cry, scream and just give up.
It’s in those times the right words can get you back in the game more determined than ever. Motivation doesn’t last forever, you’ve got to top it up several times a day.
That’s why I’ve pulled together this list of 35 quotes to inspire you, the female entrepreneur in your daily hustle to be great and unstoppable.
So when you feel like giving up remember other women have walked the path you’re walking on now, you may feel alone but you’re not. There is an army out there who’s got your back and this is what they’re saying to you.
1. “You never lose in business, either you win or you learn.”
— Melinda Emerson, the “SmallBizLady”
2. “I am not satisfied with making money for myself. I endeavor to provide employment for hundreds of the women of my race.” — Madam C.J. Walker
3. “It is within everyone’s grasp to be a CEO.” — Martha Stewart
4. “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” — Estée Lauder
5. “I don’t believe in failure. It’s not failure if you enjoyed the process.” — Oprah Winfrey
6. “If you push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen.” — Marissa Mayer
7. “Define success in your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” — Anne Sweeney
8. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me?” — Ayn Rand
9. “I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” — Virginia Rometty
10. “Running my own business is empowering. I get to set my own hours, call the shots, and contribute to my family.” — Amanda Cookson
11. “The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first.” — Iyanla Vanzant
12. “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.” — Dolly Parton
13. “If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.” — Maya Angelou
14. “Leadership is a series of behaviours rather than a role for heroes.” — Margaret Wheatley
15. “We treat our people like royalty. If you honor and serve the people who work for you, they will honor and serve you.” — Mary Kay Ash
16. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” — Rosalynn Carter
17. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” — Helen Keller
18. “My best successes came on the heels of failures.” — Barbara Corcoran
19. “Surround yourself with a trusted and loyal team. It makes all the difference.” — Alison Pincus
20. “Don’t waste a single second. Just move forward as fast as you can, and go for it.” — Rebecca Woodcock
21. “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.” — Amy Poehler
22. “We’re here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.” — Whoopi Goldberg
23. “Many women live like it’s a dress rehearsal. Ladies, the curtain is up and you’re on.” — Mikki Taylor
24. “Women have a unique power of being able to look at the world’s problems and discovering solutions that transform lives and make the world a better place.” – Dr. Ayanna Howard
25. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” — Sara Blakely
26. “It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” — J.K Rowling
27. “Don’t let being a woman hold you back from the leader that you’re destined to be.” — Jamie Farsnel
28. “Do not wait on a leader…look in the mirror, it’s you!” — Katherine Miracle
29. “Build something you’re passionate about. As an entrepreneur, you have to have the passion and drive to stay the course.” —Alexandra Chong
30. “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” —Caterina Fake
31. “True leadership stems from individuality that is honestly and sometimes imperfectly expressed… Leaders should strive for authenticity over perfection.” —Sheryl Sandberg
32. “Find the smartest people you can and surround yourself with them.” —Marissa Meyer
33. “Life-fulfilling work is never about the money — when you feel true passion for something, you instinctively find ways to nurture it.” – Eileen Fisher
34. “Invite people into your life that don’t look or think like you.” —Mellody Hobson
35. “I’m Not Bossy. I’m The Boss.” – Beyoncé
Keep hustling – Go Get ‘em.